Founded in 2006, Arbicon has long valuable history of experience and a successful reputation in matters of Construction Contract Claims and in the development of Construction Law in the UK, making a real difference for many Construction Clients and all contracting businesses by resolving issues, creating wealth and obtaining positive, just outcomes for all Clients using ADR, the Law and expert commercial negotiation skills.
Arbicon’s team have been part of important well-known legal cases relating to payment and adjudication going back to the start of the Construction Acts in 1998 when adjudication started and are the most experienced advocates in adjudication, having handled adjudication cases, going into three figures, over many years.
Our goal is to provide a unique service of remedy and/or protection in respect of construction disputes of all types combining both the expertise of Chartered Quantity Surveying and Construction Contract legal ADR services, a full “Commercial Department” including Payment/Debt Recovery, Claims, Defences and Expert Report/Expert Witness services. In other words, instead of finding a QS or construction solicitor (who has most likely never set foot on a site) you come to Arbicon as one stop shop.
We have our ‘client centric’ values and therefore recognise that everything we do is driven by our desire to grow and save businesses and reputations through good practice and professional advice for our customers. We do not differentiate between large or small clients and seek the best possible commercial outcome with justice and value for money.
The subject of legal assurance and commercial construction support can appear daunting and sometimes exclusive. The construction and engineering industry can be a very difficult place commercially if you are not street wise there are a lot of mines to tread on. Arbicon’s ability to bring clarity and perspective in advising and resolving construction matters is testimony to our success.
Starting On The Right Foot
Arbicon are Chartered Quantity Surveyors and specialists in the procurement and management of Construction Contracts for Building Employers, Contractors and Sub-Contractors in the construction industry. Expertise in Quantity Surveying and Construction Contract Law gives the best possible commercial outcome for any building project. Arbicon are a consultancy that will either prevent the risk of failure or rescue you from oblivion without going to Court. Arbicon have been described as the “Red Adair” of the Construction Industry.
Construction Contract Services
- Traditional Chartered Quantity Surveying
- Contractor and Sub-Contractor QS Services
- Contract Rescue from Builder, Management Failure or Bankruptcy
- Contract Procurement, Drafting & Advice
- Contract Formation – Offer, Acceptance, Pitfalls – Seminars
- Contract Amendments
- Employers Requirements & Contractors Proposals
- Specification Writing
- JCT, NEC and all Standard Forms
- Cost Planning
- Bills of Quantities
- Cost Engineering
- Valuations of Building Works
- Forensic Delay Analysis
- Extensions of Time & Loss/Expense Claims
- CPR 35 Expert Reports
- Dispute Resolution – ADR, Adjudication, Mediation, Arbitration, Expert Determination
- Final Account Resolution
Construction Payment / Debt Recovery
Recover What is Due …
Bad debts are detrimental, negative and destructive effecting cash flow, profit, growth and offer the spectre of bankruptcy. Effective Debt Recovery for Construction firms using Arbicon’s team of specialists will give quick low-cost solutions to resolve Debt Problems. Construction Payment Law is our expertise. Arbicon can recover debts from up to 12 years old and take the worry away from you.
Do you know your payment rights?
Do you have unpaid invoices/applications, contra charges alleged and retention due?
Don’t know what to do with the Spectre of Court Costs and a drawn-out Dispute?
Did you know the Construction Acts are designed to help you get paid and quickly?
Did you know the Construction Acts make numerous onerous contract clauses illegal…
Arbicon can help by:
- Evaluating your Construction contract and legal position in respect of payment
- Evaluating Construction contract clauses for illegality
- Using the Construction Acts to obtain payment
- Expert Negotiation
- Applying effective legal pressure on to Debtors
- Experts in Payment Notice Law and obtaining Payments by Default
- Advice on suspending the works, repudiation/termination
- Expertise in Construction ADR, Adjudication, Mediation, Arbitration and the litigation Process
- Obtaining retentions
- Dealing with illegal contra charges
- Evaluating Damages claims, Losses, Expenses and Liquidated Damages
- Fast, low cost, effective Credit Control
- Improved Cashflow and Profit
The Opinion of Value
As Chartered Surveyors that are experts in all aspects of disputes, Arbicon are leading Expert Witness Consultants covering the full spectrum of Construction Disputes. Arbicon provide CPR 35 Compliant Expert Reports on the Liability and Value of Payment, Final Accounts, Damages, Defects, Delays, Programmes, Professional Negligence and Repudiation to name a few of the areas covered.
The types of issues Arbicon are asked to provide Expert Opinion or Expert Determination on are:
- CPR35 Expert Reports for Construction Disputes
- Valuations of Building Works
- Forensic Delay Analysis, Programmes and Disruption
- Extensions of Time & Loss/Expense Claims
- Valuations of Final Accounts of all Construction or Engineering Disputes
- Measurement Issues (SMM7, NRM, CESMM, etc.)
- Costs incurred in Development Agreements or other agreements
- Quality and Value of Works after Contractor Walk Out. (Repudiation)
- Flat Management Company Disputes (Acoustic and Fire Regulation Failures)
- Defects and Dilapidations
- Interpretation of Contracts, Clauses and Legal Opinion
- Insurance Valuations
- Professional Negligence
- Breach of Contract
- Costs associated with Party Wall Agreements
- Boundary Disputes
- Liquidated Damages
- Practical Completion
- Design Responsibility/Fitness for Purpose and Design Errors
- Document Conflicts
- Exclusion and Onerous Clauses
Construction Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
Everything But Go To Court
Arbicon are one of the original Construction ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) specialist firms that are experts in Adjudication the main Construction ADR process. “ADR” essentially means to end a dispute without the Court… the Court also expect parties to have tried ADR before taking the matter to Court. Arbicon are pioneers of Construction Adjudication and are well known for it. ADR Services also include Arbitration, Mediation, Negotiation and Expert Determination. As experienced Experts in dispute resolution, it follows that Arbicon are at a higher level in construction dispute prevention and risk management.
Arbicon’s Directors and Staff Consultants are Qualified in all the following with years of experience in handling all types of case.
- Court Assistance
Arbicon can evaluate forensically the shortfalls in values to determine legal entitlement and claimable monies due through varied works, defects, extensions of time and losses associated. Our team are also experts in handling problem cases and payment rights in Construction Contracts and are Experts on the Construction Acts, which provide Payment and Adjudication Rights that all contracts must comply with.
Our team will firstly seek to negotiate whilst setting up your position legally followed by, if necessary, proceedings such as adjudication, which typically gives a legally binding decision on monies due within an amazing 28 days, making adjudication the most popular way to resolve disputes using ADR.
Contact us to discuss your case and find out your options or on any bad debts going back 6 years unless the contract is under deed then you have 12 years to make a claim.
The only debts we cannot chase is where the other party is insolvent, however we may be able to point you in the right direction with that too.
For a consultation phone us on:
London: 0207 406 1494
Birmingham: 0121 262 4086
Peterborough: 01733 233737
Or use the links below
Our aim is to establish partnership deals with a number of service suppliers and consultants all of whom will share our commitment to service and quality.
All of our partners offer an exclusive discount to all users of Cowens Risk Solutions.
If you are a potential supplier of services that you feel would be invaluable to our users, and share our commitment to practical Risk Management, please use the button to offer your services.